Sunday, September 27, 2015

Boozy Dessert - Bourbon Fudge Pie

Remember the cream that was used in the vodka sauce? Use it to make whipped cream to top off this bad boy, Bourbon Fudge Pie.



Last week was crazy busy! I don't think I got home before 9 pm each night. Either Brandon or I cooked, but they were not award winning/blog worthy meals. Jazzed up tuna fish sandwiches (canned tuna fish with diced red onion, red pepper, and carrots), sloppy joes, crockpot chicken - one night we even ordered take out :-O (We try not to eat take out more than once or twice a month, but damn that Lo Mein was bomb.).

After making the vodka sauce last week, I had a sweet tooth.  I always keep a bar of baker's chocolate in our cabinets for whenever my sweet tooth strikes! Also, I find that the baker's chocolate is more than a dollar cheaper than buying a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips. I topped the pie off with vanilla ice cream, but I highly recommend using the leftover cream from the vodka sauce to make bourbon whipped cream!

I tweaked a recipe that I found on Pinterest, Close To Home

*I only took pictures of the finished product this time. Sorry!


Boozy Bourbon Fudge Pie

Ingredients:
For the pie...
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
6 squares baker's chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1 egg
1 shot of bourbon/1.5 oz (I used Wild Turkey)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 store bought pre-made pie crust (I used shortbread)

For the whipped cream...
1 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of bourbon
2 teaspoons of sugar


1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2) Melt sweetened condensed milk, baker's chocolate, and butter in microwave safe dish for one minute. Stir, then microwave for another minute. Keep repeating until the chocolate mixture is smooth.

3) Add sugar and flour into the chocolate mixture. Then add the egg, 1 shot of bourbon, salt, and walnuts. Stir and pour into pre-made pie crust.

4) Bake for 30-40 minutes (my oven runs super hot so I only baked mine for 30).

5) Put heavy cream, teaspoon of bourbon, and 2 teaspoons sugar into a bowl. Using a mixer/kitchen aid/immersion blender, mix until cream is light and fluffy.

6) Serve whipped cream on top of the pie!

Note: I recommend eating this pie the next day so the bourbon flavor can absorb better.


Happy baking!
-Kerri




No comments:

Post a Comment